Last class party treats were enjoyed. The cupcakes... ...were made by Jess. Thank you!
Personally, this was a very special Stitchin' Mission because it's the first time I've taught outside the Des Moines, Iowa, area. Admittedly, I was a little anxious at the first class, as were Di and Di who confessed they didn't know what they'd do when no one showed up for lessons! All our concerns were unfounded.
By the second lesson, I knew I was "at home," and that Aussie quilters are not one whit different than American quilters. We all speak the same language when it comes to making quilts. Taking SM international has simply confirmed its effectiveness wherever in the world it may go. Stitchin' Mission:
- Brings people together in a common effort (quiltmaking)
- For a common good (mission).
- Proclaims and practices that Christians, no matter what denomination we claim, believe in the same Lord, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit.
- Effectively teaches the craft of quiltmaking.
- Encourages new friendships.
- Often leads to the formation of new quilting groups.
God sure came up with a marvelous concept, didn't He?! All praise and honor to Him for what He has done.