Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grant Update

For those of you interested... I have received the Dream Big Grow Here grant check, and am now busily talking with various video production freelancers and businesses to choose the best option for making a Stitchin' Mission video.

The best use of time and money will be to videotape all five lessons in one day. That means gathering a dozen or so people as "students," five changes of clothes for me, and lots of sewing to show "one" quilt in various stages of completion. I anticipate that one quilt will eventually produce about six identical quilts!

It's all a little daunting at the moment, but my hope is that in the next few weeks I'll be able to make a decision about who will film, edit and produce this video. Videotaping will likely be toward the end of January, 2011. It's also my hope that the video and a printable coordinator's guide can be sold as a download through the Stitchin' Mission website.
I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

I am very excited for you Linda and I look forward to seeing the video :) Congratulations on being able to make one. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, congrats again on winning the Dream Big Grow Here contest. Continue to keep us posted on how you progress.

-Rob Williams
MyEntre.Net Team Member